iSeahorse Trends: Monitoring wild seahorse populations underwater
What is population monitoring?
- Get in touch. Tell us a little bit about yourself — where you’re based, your scientific background (if you have one), where and how often you’d like to do seahorse monitoring. Feel free to ask questions, too.
- Download the iSeahorse Population Monitoring Toolkit (also available in Thai) and check out our how-to video guide. The toolkit has everything you need to get started, including important technical information about choosing a survey site, surveying seahorse populations, identifying individual species, measuring for survey “effort,” and recording your data.
- Check out our online training course. It's a fun, free, and full of important information about seahorse population monitoring.
- Describe where you'll be doing the monitoring in the Underwater Site datasheet. These videos show you how to choose a survey site and how to record survey site information.
- While you're diving, record your data in the Underwater Survey Datasheet. This video shows you how to gather information about seahorses.
- Submit your site and survey data to iSeahorse via this spreadsheet. Send to [email protected].